Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir, whom Kedah Umno chiefs want removed as state menteri besar, says he has not done anything wrong to warrant any disciplinary action to be taken against him by the party.
"I don't think I have done anything wrong," he said upon arrival at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang, when asked whether he was worried if disciplinary action would be taken against him. Mukhriz, who arrived from Penang at about 6pm today, was greeted by about 30 supporters.
However, he declined to comment when asked whether he would push for disciplinary action to be taken against the group who called for him to step down.
"No plan just yet, just wait and see," he said.
The youngest son of former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad also refused to comment when asked if he would meet Umno president Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
Earlier this afternoon, Najib met with disgruntled Kedah Umno division chiefs to discuss their revolt against the menteri besar.
The prime minister was able to meet for about 40 minutes with the group at the Umno headquarters at the Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur.
State party chiefs, who continued with the meeting on their own after Najib left, were however, tightlipped on what was discussed or the outcome of the discussion.
Kedah Umno deputy chief Datuk Seri Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah on Wednesday led 14 out of 15 state party division leaders in calling for Mukhriz's ouster, citing a loss of confidence in his leadership.
Among Mukhriz's supporters today were members of Ansara, the alumni of Mara junior science colleges, who held up banners stating their support for him.
Source from The Malaysian Insider