Dataran Merdeka is off limits to both Bersih and Red Shirt supporters on Nov 19, says Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Mohd Amin Nordin Abdul Aziz.
He said that both Bersih 2.0 and Red Shirts leader Datuk Seri Jamal Md Yunos’ application to hold protests on Nov 19 would not be approved
On the reason for the rejection, Mohd Amin told The Star that “the reason is the same” as for the past few Bersih rallies.
Bersih 2.0 chairman Maria Chin Abdullah announced last Thursday that the Bersih 5 rally would be held at Dataran Merdeka.
The group later said it had submitted the 10-day notice of the rally, as required under the Peaceful Assembly Act, to the police.
It said on Tuesday that notice had been submitted to police at the Bukit Aman, Kuala Lumpur, Brickfields and Dang Wangi stations.
Source -The Star Online-