0

Home Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has dismissed critics of Putrajaya’s decision to bring in 1.5 million Bangladesh workers into the country over the next three years. 

Zahid said the workers would be brought into the country in stages and based on requirement in the work force.

The deputy prime minister also dismissed claims that Putrajaya was trying to raise funds through exorbitant levies on the workers.




"They have to know that the recruitment is based on market demand. They are not being brought into the country on a whim,” he told reporters after chairing a Cabinet committee meeting on the halal industry in Putrajaya.

Zahid said Human Resource Minister Datuk Richard Riot would ink the agreement on the matter with Dhaka once the Cabinet gives the green light.

It was reported earlier that Bangladesh agreed to the proposal to recruit 1.5 million workers to work in Malaysia. – February 11, 2016.




-The Malaysian Insider-

Post a Comment

 
Top